From 2018 onwards the Scottish Freedom Series will publish a “rider resources folder” containing a selection of guides and resources to help riders become better informed, safer and more aware of the considerations of riding and competing in the back-country.
Topics that will be included are:-
- Information on training and preparing for freeride competition
- Information on freeride judging methodologies and scoring
- Guides on how to maximise your score, whether you’re a pro or rookie
- Guides to SFS series points and how they are calculated
- Information on insurances and disclaimers
- Information on back-country equipment preparation
- Information on back-country safety and avalanche awareness
This folder has just been created and will be updated regularly as more resources are finalised.